Wednesday 14 March 2012

The Retreat


I’m going on a ‘retreat’
They’re going to hold me down
Talk sense and rebuke the devil.
Usually I don’t have time for these new evangelists
But I’m so far gone, I need it.
A dose of sense and extinguishment
Yes, I promised myself I’d stop this.
I haven’t.
Guitars and tambourines;
I’m sure both will make an appearance.

I’m going down all alone
Only I have brought myself so low
Bad music isn’t punishment enough
For the time I’ve invested –no, wasted.

Oh hell, do you know what I’ve been doing?
I’ve been calling psychics.
I blew all my money, and
I was unlucky enough to find a good one
Who knew too much.
All the while I knew Lucy was telling her stuff…
But did I stop myself? No.

I'm nowhere near him, or nearer to home
But I listened as she
Put her finger on …all this useless information about him
And now she has me believing he’s confused too,
Loyal and dutiful all the way down to his doom
She says he's battled, worn and unsure
And needs me as much as I need him...blah blah blah

Oh yer, I actually paid to drink this steaming lying cup
I thought I was over this, but I’m not 
She re-fuelled my insanity
When I thought I'd kicked thoughts of him into touch...

Oh invisible man,
It didn't take very much.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...