Friday 2 March 2012

Collateral Damage

Some women take
What isn’t given;
They have no manners.
They believe they have the right
To ignite
And then wait smugly for you
To reach agreement.

You said, ‘you’re just jealous’

What a sorry fool you are
I was trying to help you
But men like you can’t be helped
You’re ink in the nib
Scratched into shape on the paper.

And here she is, wearing your clothes
Buying crappy plastic baby things
Oh boy,
I know you’d trade out of this for anything.

You corner me in the feminine hygiene aisle
You dully say,
‘I’m sorry I called you an envious vixen,
I’m sorry now I didn’t listen’

Your eyes are strange; you’ve gone away.
It’s not ‘love’ when a woman fulfils her own mission,
Hey, don’t worry about me
It’s you that’s been sentenced;
Daddy prison.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...