Sunday 4 March 2012

Potential Ex Girlfriend

Leave her. Put on your shoes
Get out of there. I don’t care-
She’s rot within the wood.  Burn her down.
Because life’s too precious
To make believe you’re happy
You can’t be happy
Not without me, so
Leave her:
Because the day you were born
You took in burning air
Not knowing anything
The unlikely eventuality of your life
Is reason enough to trust in an idea
Without guarantee -
Accept that you can sometimes believe in
What can't always be seen.
I’m not asking you to do the wrong thing
To plot, grievance or sin. No, no
None of those things;
I just want you to stand like a man
Breath in my air
Speak the truth, tell her ‘I don’t know where, but I know it’s not here. Sorry’
Leave her. Put on your shoes
Get out of there.

Come here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...