Saturday 15 September 2012

The Night Before Your Wedding


Your girlfriend is ‘amazing’
There’ve been times I’ve impressed myself
With my own outwitting
They were just fast words, aptly spoken -
But she…oh she’s the High Empress of
Manipulative cunning.

How she has you believing
You want in on this story she’s written
Genuinely astounds me;
Stealthy talented shrew.
Wish I’d known you longer,
Perhaps I’d have picked up a thing or two.
Amazing.

1.       How to get what I want
2.      And make him believe he wants it too
3.      How to corner him into submission
4.      Then play it gentle, when he gets all confused

How does she do it??
I get annoyed with myself
Moments like these;
I realise I could have it all,
Problem is, I want any man of mine
On his feet, walking tall.

Romance has destroyed my female beguiling
It’s dreadful, this dream of equilibrium
I should just take
And shape
What I like for myself:
And let him come round to my way of thinking
Men don’t want freedom; This I know is true.

Why can’t I puppeteer a man to my own way of thinking,
Why can’t I play brinkmanship with that art?
Love is a morsel of truth
Not a scan or ultimatum, but
There’s no getting around it; Men adore a callous heart

I don’t want to be a bride of my own winding
Why’s it clever, this concealing? And
Why can’t I just allow myself to relax and play the part?

I know, I know, you think you’re 'a good man'
Doing the proper thing -
No, you’ve been played, you fool.
That’s why you’re here, with champagne
The night before your wedding.
On the cusp of a moment of clarity
So drink up, send it away with any other thoughts
Those insanities
Who knows, perhaps you’ll see it through
Good luck with everything
This is probably the weirdest ever stag do.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...