Tuesday 11 September 2012

Knutur

Hey K,
I should have just married you
You asked me so nicely
I could’ve had everything my own way
You’d go out to work
And I’d stay home and play

Hey K,
I’m a little older now
I see clearly how cruel and hideous the world is
I don’t want to partake in it
And you kindly, offered me a responsibility free island

Hey K,
I see that mostly love is an arrangement of choices
I was blinded you know, by feelings
I should have said yes
I know you’d have never left me
I could have done anything
You would have stuck by me
I always admired your reliability.

Hey K,
I think our marriage would have been a nice little escapism
You were so willing to give me anything
And when I felt out of sorts, irritated and lied or denied you
You forgave me; there was nothing else you could do.
Now I wonder if my justice will be
To find my man and discover that he loves me, just
As much as I loved you
And I’ll be the stupid forlorn love sick female version
Who never argues
He’ll trample all over me;
That would really be a lesson
Yeah,
I bet that’s what he’d do.
Well, you know, if I ever found him
This is all just theoretical posing

Hey K,
I wonder, if I could reverse time
And have once again the chance,
I think the second time around,
knowing what I know, I’d marry you.
I’d turn our house into a museum
Forget all about my quest for the ‘real thing’
And invent hormonal reasons for my lack of participation.

K,
I'd deal with the annoying way you said 'hey' instead of 'hello' 
We both know I could have changed that if I'd really wanted to
I just didn't give enough of a shit about you.

I’m too tired
The world is too harsh
And I need to be protected, mollycoddled and infected
By a man as loyal, well off and forgiving
As you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...